Sunday, December 8, 2013

Happy Holidays from Kharmic Chaos!

I've been neglectful.  I own up to it completely.  November is an extremely busy month in our house.  I participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which means I spend most of my extra time writing.  This year, my daughter half participated and managed to write several short stories and poems which made me very proud.  The kids were heavy into toilet paper/paper towel roll creatures and people so our house is now littered with aliens, the 10th Doctor, a Dalek or two, and representations of our family members.

Now it is December and for us that means homemade Christmas presents and LOTS of baking!  We are cutting down our list of baked goods this year but only slightly.  I will share some of our recipes since I work hard to use family friendly recipes for the kids to maximize their help.  One of our favorites would be the Raspberry Star Cookies found on Allrecipes.com though we do not tend to do the star shapes and often use different flavors of jellies and jams.  

Tehawks, our Elf on the Shelf, has returned to wreak havoc on our house with her mischievous ways.  She's dumped the marker bucket in my son's room along with a few decks of cards, hung from the Christmas tree, fished for Goldfish crackers in the toilet - and all this in just one week of being here!!  It appears that we will soon have her pet moose joining us as well since he is causing too much trouble at the North Pole.  *sigh*

Look for pictures of our cookies and crafts as we move into the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment