Friday, January 15, 2016

Book Review: If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won’t) by Betty White

I’ve been trying to mix up what I read lately. Though I generally prefer books in the fantasy realms, I know it is imperative that I branch out. This was the second biographical type book I’ve selected and it just made me love Betty White even more. She is brilliant. She works hard. She’s hilarious.



If You Ask Me (And of Course You Won’t) motivated me. I laughed out loud and even teared up a bit. There’s nothing overly complex about this book, just a writer telling stories, doling out lessons learned from her life experiences. It reminds you that there are people behind the cameras, people who suffer love and loss like the rest of the world. Betty White has been a part of my life for many years (yeah, I grew up watching Golden Girls) and she continues to amaze me. Her work ethic and general outlook on life are inspirational.


There really is not much more to say about If You Ask Me(And of Course You Won’t). I wish I could go into detail, to explain how each story affected me on a personal level. But I can’t. This is a book that you should experience on your own. Pick a rainy (or snowy) afternoon, curl up with a cup of tea (or coffee if you’re like me) and let Betty White instruct and entertain.

No comments:

Post a Comment