Friday, May 20, 2016

Book Review: Lab Girl by Hope Jahren

I had such high hopes for this book.



Parts of Lab Girl were awesome - especially the educational chapters - but it was a little too detailed for my tastes. I love how empowering Ms. Jahren's story is and how much it means for young women, like my daughter, who hope to pursue careers in the sciences that have long been dominated by men. Not because women were incapable as much as they were discounted and/or discouraged.

I have read several articles and interviews detailing some of Ms. Jahren's stories about her career and life in the sciences, but this gave a whole new perspective.

If you love science and appreciate good humor, definitely give this book a go. Just be prepared for some excess description in some parts.

I give it three top hats out of five.

No comments:

Post a Comment