Friday, May 10, 2013

Cupcake bookmarks!!

The last few weeks have been a roller coaster - I lost a family member, spent a brief amount of time with my immediate family who I do not get to see often, and dealt with a few road blocks.  So, my long term projects are taking even longer but I am starting to see some progress and to that end, I have the first of many new items starting with felt cupcake bookmarks!  The kids actually helped with these and they have SO many ideas for more - mad hatter hats, cheshire cats, monsters, Harry Potter characters, Lord of the Rings characters and so on.  My challenge now is to see how many I can bring to life.

These were pretty easy to make.  I made a pattern, the kids cut them out and used some fabric modge podge to put them together.  Once the kids were in bed, I added the embellishments.  We made a lot in a short time and they are SO cute!


Recognize this book?  I kind of know the author...

First style is a corner mark that slides over the pages.

Second style slides in the book.
Both styles are double thickness.  One slides over the corner and the other is a standard bookmark but so much cuter.  I have a bunch of these!


No comments:

Post a Comment