Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Picture courtesy of http://www.lilesnet.com/mother/mothers_day_2012/

One day where Moms everywhere get to sleep in and have breakfast made by their families and in general relax. 

Unless you are a single Mom like me.  We wake up and make our own breakfast, handle the household, and play referee.  But that's okay.  I miss sleeping until ten, waking to an awesome breakfast and knowing there would be time to take a long, hot, undisturbed bath if I wished.  But, as I so often tell my kids, sometimes things do not work out as we hoped or planned.   This is one of those times and we will make the best of it.

My wonderful kids let me sleep in - until 8am!  They vowed to "try very hard to be extra special good."  I laughed, they are always good.  I have only refereed to small arguments this morning and I did so while trying not to smile at them.  I was able to convince them to have my favorite breakfast - french toast - after promising to make it "cake batter flavored."  Kids will eat anything cake batter flavored, right?  All I had to do was add a little butter, vanilla, and almond extracts to the eggs and milk then drop some sprinkles over the top of the finished pieces.  Voila!  Happy kids who devoured the french toast - so fast in fact that I couldn't get a picture!  I STRONGLY suggest some cake batter french toast if you haven't tried it already.  Here is my recipe:

2 eggs
8 slices of whole wheat bread
1/4-1/2 cup milk
1 tsp butter flavored extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract
sprinkles/butter/apple butter/syrup to taste

I know this isn't much and I am sorry I do not have pictures, but as I said, the french toast was gone before I could do anything.  They loved it!  We are off to spend the rest of the day together, hopefully finishing some of our projects so we can post them.....

No comments:

Post a Comment