Monday, April 8, 2013

Button tree artwork

The kids saw some of the button pieces on Pinterest when we were seeking art project inspirations so I helped them make this:


They were rather easy and inexpensive to make actually.  I had a good number of buttons already in my collection but we filled in with deals in the bargain bins and a few splurges for the glitter buttons.  We used cheap canvases that we got on clearance - three 8X10s to be exact and covered them with scrapbook paper (I did that part with modge podge).

Using some cheap paints, I outlined the trees and helped the kids fill in the trunks and branches showing them some techniques I learned over the years.  We let them dry over night before attaching the buttons with wood glue.  The kids went to town with the buttons, placing them as they saw fit.  I added the quotes and we are still waiting for the picture of us to put on the middle canvas.  All in all, I am pretty pleased with how they came out and the kids absolutely love them.  They want to make more!



No comments:

Post a Comment