Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wine cozies & more from Men's Dress Shirt

These were easy and FUN.  There is no end to how I can make these up and I already have a ton of ideas so I am sure you will be seen more as the weeks wear on.  Anyway, I started with this shirt:


Since I have had a few questions about the shirt I used, this particular one is a Men's XL from Express but I got it from the thrift store for around $3.  It did have some damage around the collar as I noted before but other than that, pretty much a steal.  So, as noted before, I made these cuts:


For the wine cozies I just used the lower half of each sleeve (to make two cozies).  I stitched the bottom part closed leaving the cuff for the top of the cozy as you will see on the finished projects.   That's it.  I just stitched the bottom and then dressed them up.  Easy peasy.

I love the neck tie personally.....I have an old one from my Dad and used the end of it for this one.


This is one cozy done with ribbon in two different styles.  I think it could be cute with just the ribbon but again, I really like the neck tie.





Incidentally, there were some decent sized pieces left from the sleeves so I opted to throw a little something extra together using some more scraps of white eyelet and white ribbon....


I stitched closed one end of each sleeve section.  Wrong sides together, I stitched the two sections together, one inside the other and finished it off with white eyelet and white ribbon.  Then I added in a square on each side to hold magnets for the closure.  The last thing I tacked on was the white ribbon handle.  Voila!  Super cute little bag!




No comments:

Post a Comment