Sunday, April 14, 2013

Upcycle: Baggy old sweater to girls' skirt!

Remember this sweater project?


As I said then, I had two sweaters of the same style.  This one became this skirt:

And the other was a plain black sweater that was SUPER easy to turn into an adorable skirt for my daughter.  I made cuts in the same way as the argyle sweater above but I had to take hers in a bit on one of the side seams.  I kept the general cut in place but created a new side seam.  Then, I made a casing (as I did above) for the elastic, threaded it through, added a couple appliques as embellishments and voila!  


My daughter is super excited and looks just darling in this A-line skirt.  She picked the appliques so that helps but with a pair of leggings and a cute tee she is ready to roll for school tomorrow!  

Best part?  There are still sleeves and the very top left for me to work with!!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! It is very satisfying to see old clothes have a new life.

    ReplyDelete