Friday, April 5, 2013

Men's dress shirt to girls' Alice in Wonderland Dress

My daughter and I decided that we are going to an Alice in Wonderland tea this Saturday.  While I can easily slip into my Steampunk Mad Hatter outfit for the event, my daughter had nothing to wear. My kiddo decided she would like to be Alice so I had a few hours to whip up a dress for her.  No problem, right?  Well, it is admittedly not my best work but given my time constraints and the limited amount of time she will be wearing it the finished product is functional enough.

What I used:
1 men's dress shirt
Scraps of white eyelet from other projects


The shirt (a $3 find at the thrift store) started out looking like this:

It took me approximately 4 hours from the first snip to the finished product:


Again, it is not the best work have done, but with the time constraints it works.  There are dozens of ways to make over a dress shirt and I picked up a few cheap ones at the thrift store so over the coming weeks I will post some more options!

No comments:

Post a Comment