Thursday, April 11, 2013

Crap I have to bake something delicious at the last minute cookies

I'm a baker.  I may have mentioned it before.  I've done elaborate cakes for people from a Risk board cookie cake to a SpongeBob Squarepants cake for my daughter.  I used to make football cookies for each of the NFL teams at least twice per year.  You get the idea.  I love to bake.  However, it has happened on occasion that I have been surprised with the need to bake something delicious at the last minute.  That's where these cookies come from.  Not only are they inexpensive to make, they are insanely easy and quick.  Here's what you need:

1 box cake mix (easy, right?)
2 eggs
1/3 cup melted butter

I'm NOT kidding.  It is that easy.  You can even get fancy and embellish if you like - chocolate chips, sprinkles, glaze - whatever strikes your fancy.

Directions - doesn't get much easier than this - mix all ingredients together in a bowl, drop by spoonful on a prepped cookie sheet (I use parchment paper to be exceptionally fast an easy) and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Let them cool and you are good to go.  Here are some red velvet ones I whipped up tonight - don't ask why.


My son is not a cookie guy but he kept asking for more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment