Monday, April 15, 2013

Girls' Sundress from Mens Dress Shirt

My daughter is VERY upset that I am selling this one on Etsy, but she really doesn't need anymore clothes, least of all more dresses.  *sigh*  I do intend to make more of these as this one turned out really cute!

I started out with this:


I made these cuts:


The sleeves I set aside for other projects.  The collar actually had a few tears and stains (I don't want to know where they came from, vampire?) so I discarded that portion.  I turned under a portion of the top (front and back) to make a casing for the elastic pieces I used:


Then I added the elastic and stitched it in place at both ends:


I raided my scrap fabrics for some white eyelet and created two cute straps and a small rosette.



It was that easy!  I did take in both sides a teeny bit under the arm so that it would fit a bit better but here is the finished product:



No comments:

Post a Comment