Thursday, March 7, 2013

Snow Day Delights!

We finally got some excellent "packing" snow!  Coupled with the day off work and school, the kids and I built a snowman and had a snowball fight.  It was a pretty amazing morning followed up by an afternoon of project work (will be revealed at a later date as it's not complete yet!) and an evening of Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring.  It was absolutely fabulous!

Our snowman:



We used an old hat of mine, a scarf that I've had since childhood, some spare gloves of the kids on top of paper towel rolls that we borrowed from our craft box.  For the eyes, nose, and mouth I raided my food coloring and yes, as my kids pointed out, the features are a little small but, eh, it works just fine in my book.   What a wonderful snow day ~ and we cannot wait to unveil the project we started today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment