Saturday, March 2, 2013

Welcome to Kharmic Chaos!

March 2, 2013

Dear Journal,

Today is my first entry.  I know I have several entries ready to go, waiting in the wings for their opportunity to be seen and heard, but it's best to start at the beginning, sort of.  I've always been an artsy craftsy kind of gal but over the years it's evolved into so much more.  I made paper costumes and hundreds of art projects with my siblings in my parents' basement, I taught myself how to sew after the basic lessons in middle school home ec, and I spent long hours in the art wing of my high school.  After college, I began  making up recipes and sewing elaborate costumes for Halloween parties (I simply love dressing up!).  By the time my daughter came around, I was making clothes, curtains, diaper bags and dozens of other things in addition to my customary splurge on holiday baked goods.  Though I was less productive in the arts and crafts front for a few years after my kids were born, I did manage to care for my kids, work full time, and publish a few full length novels.  Now that my kids are older (Autumn age 7 and Maddox age 6) arts and crafts are reclaiming time in my life which is wonderful.  Both kiddos are artistic and love working with their hands.  

Unfortunately, things with my husband and I did not work out.  Part of my healing process has been my writing, the other part has been sharing arts/crafts/baking time with my kids.  The latter has been good for my kids as well.  PINTEREST has been an inspiration for all three of us.  We springboard off PINS and create our own versions.  I am finding that my kids are excellent problem solvers and we have become adept at repurposing things around our house to create artwork, new uses for damaged clothes, and so on.  Now, I don't have my kids every day (much to my chagrin) so I want to make the most of the time we do have and often that comes in the form of an art project or a baking session.  To that end, I am opting to share our experiences - even our failures - in the hopes that others can find something useful to take to their families.  Not everything I post will be a parent/child project, some things will be my attempts at saving money by recycling items we have.  I will try to add as many pictures as possible and give difficulty levels but know that my kids are 6 and 7 years old so most family projects will be suitable for that age range or older.  I also have a VERY picky eater on my hands so I intend to toss in some food options for parents in similar circumstances.  Feel free to use anything you see here and comment with any questions you may have, I only ask that you remain respectful.
 
Welcome to my Kharmic Chaos....

No comments:

Post a Comment