Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Steampunk Mad Hatter - shrug & pants

Day 3 of my Steampunk Mad Hatter outfit means the two things I didn't do too much to.

Shrug:

I purchased this white shrug a few years back and it was in my trash/scrap pile because of the discoloration and holes along the edging.  BUT, it was perfect for a makeover since it was generally in good shape.  I picked up the brown trim - about three yards worth - and stitched all the way around.  Then I added more embellishments and was done!




Pants:

Easiest part of the entire outfit!  These pants are just wide-leg, dark brown cords that I bought a while back and are now a bit too loose.  I cut the bulky flaps off the back pockets and tacked the waist a bit but otherwise they were untouched. So, I am not including a picture of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment