Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Steampunk Mad Hatter - Necklace & Belt

Day 2 of Steampunk Mad Hatter week brings us to the necklace and the belt.  

Necklace:
Simple chain & pendant - extremely easy to put together with a few jewelry making tools.  The chain was preset with a closure so all I had to do was select the correct length and insert my pendant (I chose a leather circle with golden hands).  Easy peasy and done in five minutes.


Belt:
I used scraps of suede left over from curtains I made a while back.  I folded the 6" wide strip in half, right sides together, and stitched it closed along the long side leaving both ends open.  I pulled it through the open ends and after tucking the ends in, I stitched all the way around the outside to give it a more finished look.  Then, I went to decorating!

Here it is in segments: 


I attached this awesomely huge button to one end and then started decorating.  The chain needed a little something so I added the mini keys and the cute little potion bottle that is filled with embossing powder.






The cute little MY BUTTERFLY book is actually Wee Book Bling by the fabulously talented SJ Byrne (who is also the author of MY BUTTERFLY).  You can purchase customized pieces HERE.  I also wore two other pieces like this on the belt during the Author Fair.  The satin strip held my large potion bottles via a long piece of cord.  


 The first small pouch is just a strip folded into thirds (the flap folded into a point).


The second, larger pouch was a wider strip folded in half and then a flap added over the top of it.  This was convenient and held my necessities ;)  Yes, that is a mini PRIDE AND PREJUDICE book.

 This part is the back so not quite as decorative but I intend to embellish it further in the future.


And this is the other end.  Easy, peasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment